Big Leagues own Tim Mayza is the number 6 prospect listed in the Small College Division for the 2013 Draft:
TOP PROSPECTS, 2013 DRAFT
1. Alex Haines, lhp, Seton Hill (Pa.): Lefty with plus body, fastball with solid-average velocity and good angle to plate; throws strikes and misses bats.
2. Jon Keller, rhp, Tampa: Excellent 6-foot-5 frame and fastball that reaches 95; command, secondary stuff need consistency.
3. Ryan Thompson, rhp, Franklin Pierce (N.H.): Arm issues hampered former UConn transfer in 2012 but he was healthy in Cape Cod League, showing 91-93 mph fastball, good slider.
4. Zach Alvord, 2b/3b, Tampa: Hit .258/.307/.416 with six homers last season at Auburn; needs to tap into power potential by being more selective.
5. Ivory Thomas, of, Cal State Dominguez Hills: Cal State Fullerton transfer lacks power but is plus runner, has knack for getting on base (.400 or better OBP last two seasons with Titans).
6. Tim Mayza, lhp, Millersville, Pa.: Has yet to put it all together with secondary stuff, but has size (6-foot-3, 205 pounds), 91-93 mph fastball, clean delivery.
7. Alex Powers, rhp, Southern New Hampshire: Tremendous 2012 season (5-2, 1.44, 8 SV, 31 IP/48 SO), has overpowering fastball, usually 92-94 from low slot.
8. Carlos Asuaje, 2b/3b, Nova Southeastern: Just 5-foot-8 but has some bat-to-ball skills, gap power; hit .280 in Cape Cod League last summer.
9. John-Austin Shepard, rhp, Tusculum (Tenn.): Closer mentality, 6-foot-4, 215-pound frame and aggressiveness help his 88-92 mph fastball, hard 80-82 mph slider play up.
10. Zak Blair, 3b, Mercyhurst (Pa.): Versatile 5-foot-10 lefty hitter makes plenty of contact (8 SO in 160 AB in 2012); has played 2B, 3B, OF, has utility future; hit .338 in Cape last summer; already 23.
Others to watch: Ethan Bader, rhp, Armstrong (Ga.) Atlantic State; Stephen Cooke, rhp, Indiana (Pa.); Dale Innes, rhp, UNC Pembroke; John Minucci, of, Southern New Hampshire; Lou Trevino, rhp, Slippery Rock (Pa.).